- The first meeting – Wednesday evening, March 15, 1989. Group of 21 people met at the home of Edward & Viola Delp.
- Wednesday, March 29, 1989, Rev. Ken Lynch agreed to temporarily lead the group as Pastor in
forming a new Baptist Church.
- On April 16th the group moved to the first permanent building and first called itself “Tri-City Baptist Church”.
- Ken Lynch conducted services through Sunday, May 21,1989.
- Rev. Wayne Birkhead served as Interim Pastor until a full time pastor could be called.
- The church was officially constituted on Sunday, July 16, 1989 with 42 charter members in little white church building off Sweetwater Road in Hickory, NC.
- Rev. Stan Frye became the first full-time pastor on Sunday, September 3, 1989.
- 1990 purchased 17 acres of land on Hwy 16 North in Conover, NC.
- February 1991, moved to Furniture Show Room across from Hickory Motor Speedway.
- June 2, 1991 groundbreaking for new building on Hwy 16 property. Moved into new building on July 12, 1992 with dedication service.
- October 16, 1994 groundbreaking ceremonies for second building phase, and educational building and a new administration building. This building was dedicated on April 9, 1995.
- Tri-City Christian School began in August 26, 1996 with K-12 Grades.
- Stan Frye was called to another church in Ohio in the spring of 1997.
- Dr. Ruffin Snow came as pastor on March 28, 1999.
- New Prayer Chapel was built and dedicated to the Lord in 2000.
- Broke Ground for Family Life Center on August 26, 2001.
- Broke ground for new Sanctuary/Worship Center on Sunday, December 30, 2001. With the dedication on Sunday, November 17, 2002.
- February 2015 Dr. Jerry Chaddick becomes senior pastor
Today, Tri-City Baptist Church has over 104,000 square feet in buildings, 50 acres, a 1700 seat Worship Center with a theatrical stage.